Monday, April 21, 2014

James Robertson

This blog post is devoted to James Robertson - I was deeply saddened by the news of his passing last week.
My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

We both shared a common interest in spreading technical news on Smalltalk, dynamic languages and OOP technologies as we both devoted our technology blogs to it - often pointing to each others news items.

We first met personally in March 2000 in San Diego - as part of a group of crazy people coming together for hacking on various stuff to unify and harmonize the ST industry world with the first CampSmalltalk.

Following his example I started blogging in 2004 and over the years we exchanged a bunch of emails, comments and posts on technical topics.

I enjoyed reading his blog, was listening to every single episode of his "Industry Misinterpretations" podcast series, used his BottomFeeder aggregator, enjoyed his videos from conferences that I missed and I appreciated his short videos on how to use various technologies. James - thanks for all of that!

The amount of work and time you devoted to moving us all forward is just amazing. You will be missed!



No comments: